Saturday, December 19, 2015

Christmas in Less Than a Week.

Its getting so close, that wonderful holiday, Christmas.
I've still a few stocking stuffers to buy since we are having a couple extra folks staying over with us for Christmas Day.
Breakfast will be a brunch actually, after gift opening and my DDIL is the good cook in the family so she'll be making that meal for our guests and us.  I'm contributing some Buttermilk Pancake Mix and Maine Maple Syrup from L.L.Bean, a gift to me from a very good friend.
Thank you KC, you know who you are.
I've got a 15-plus-pound turkey planned for dinner, with my sausage stuffing which was so well received by our family and guests on Thanksgiving.
On Christmas Eve we have our annual Christmas Party.  Its a potluck with invited guests bringing something to munch on but its an open house so anyone can drop in, and usually do.
My offering will be my Lithuanian Bundies, a meat-filled pastry that seems to go over well on holidays.
Pie pastry is filled with the meat mixture and baked.
You can serve it with beef gravy or ketchup if you like, but I like it plain and tasty.  Hot or cold, these are enjoyed.
I have a couple of candies planned for the days also.
 
I hope you all have a nice and Merry Christmas!
 
Merry Christmas from me and my corgi, Penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment