Saturday, November 17, 2018

Snowball Cookies in Time for Christmas

The season is closing in and recipes are needed for Christmas.  I know we haven't had Turkey Day yet but for me, its time to test, test, test before the Holidays.  I can send some home with my family on T-Day.
 I found this recipe online and tried it today.  Had them tested by two other neighbors besides myself.  We three pronounce them tasty.

Oven Preheated to 350*F
Cooking time 15 Mins.
Makes 24 Cookies

SNOW BALL COOKIES

1 Cup Flour
1 stick Unsalted Butter, room temp.
1 Cup Pecans, finely chopped
3 T. Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla

Topping:  3/4 C Confectioners Sugar

Combine the first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
Stir it all together at first.  I like to use a wooden spoon.

With your hands work everything together til smoothly combined.

Separate into two even balls.
Wrap in clear wrap and refrigerate for 30 mins. to cool.
Form into one-inch balls.
Place on parchment-lined half baking sheets, 12 per tray.

Bake at 350*F for 15 mins.  Remove from oven.  Let cool for 5 mins.
They are fragile, so move them carefully.
Roll in confectioners sugar.
Let them cool another 5-10 mins. then roll again in the confectioners sugar to give them a snowy aspect.

These only have pecans in them but you can also add some mini-chocolate chips to give them a different flavor.

These are rolled in sugar twice.

You get 24 cookies.

Happy Holidays.

I am assured they are tasty and a good item for Christmas baking.

I found this recipe at Jenny Can Cook on youtube.  I like her site.  Lots of easy recipes.  I also got her Lemon Brownie recipe which I will try at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment