Saturday, July 14, 2018

I Started A New Fitness Program July 11th

Yes, I am taking the plunge and hope this one will work.
A couple of quilter buddies of mine found MyFitnessPal.com on the internet and are using it to lose weight.  One who began back in March, I think it was, has lost 28 lbs.  Another just started recently and is losing some weight too.
 I started on July 11th and have lost 5 lbs. so far.  Now we all know the first losses are basically water-weight, but I'll take it.
I am not having any difficulty holding to the plan since I only want to lose a pound a week.  Going slow may be the best way for me to lower my weight and then maintain it later.  The best thing is I can eat what I like as long as I count the calories.  This would include potato chips and Cheetos as well, tho I steered clear of the snack aisle while shopping this week.  I wanted to get a start on seeing if I can control my mouth from constantly needing to chew food.

When you join, you enter your weight and height and what weight you are hoping to realize.
It calculates the number of calories you need to eat, or less, in order to do so.
You can find just about any foods on the site by entering the name and they will give you a list of choices by name or brand or portion.  Even fast foods and frozen dinners.
You click to add that to your daily menu which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner plus snacks.
I add all my additionals over my main course, as snacks, for the whole day,  like 1 cup cherries, 1 cup grapes, 1 choc. pudding cup, 2 oz. of cheddar cheese, in the snack column.  I can change it up or down or add or remove so I can figure out what I can handle during the day.
It gives you totals on calories, carbs, fats, proteins, sodium, and sugar for each item.
I will eat those snacks for dessert for lunch or dinner or just snacking while watching TV at nite.  Once they are on my snack list, I can eat them whenever I like during the day, keeping to my calorie count.
You can also add your exercise program.   I have not found where my exercises are listed yet.
I live a sedentary life so for mine I do sitting exercises :
Knee lifts
Arm lifts to shoulder with 2 lb weights.
Arm outstretches and lifts
Arm lifts to the 4-count
I do these more to keep by body in tune and not to muscle up.  I doubt I am burning too many calories a day doing these, but since its on my daily list, I actually take the time to do several sets of 5 each maybe 4 to 7 times a day.

The site will tell you how much you will weigh on a particular date if you stick to the plan.
I like it.  Its easy once you get your foods added.   Once they are added to your plan, you can put them in your menu for the day.

So if anyone wants to try and jump on the band wagon, try that site.  It may be the one that finally works for you and helps you lose weight and strengthen your muscles.

Have a good day.

1 comment: