Monday, July 16, 2018

The Geese Are Still Learning

I watched the 2 geese families again.  They are adamant about learning how to use their wings.
First the Nine Family arrived on the scene looking all grown up.

Then the Seven Family arrived thru the tall grass not far behind.

They all erupted into wings and jumps, both families.

It was tough for me to get clearer pictures of flight school, but they were all jumping and stretching those wings, both families.

Here's both families done with school and settling down to search for fodder.

Yup, its time to graze now after all that effort.  They have  to refuel with Poppa standing sentinel as usual.

They seem to come here as the day is waning.  Maybe they feel safer.  Less chance of a fisherman standing there with a reel in his hand.  In any case, I am enjoying this season with two families of Canada geese.

My Red Sox won another game putting them 4 1/2 games ahead of the Yankees.  That surely pleases me.  I watched my favorite player, JD Martinez, hit another home run, his 29th this year.  I am so glad I decided to choose baseball as a sport to follow this year.  Before now I hadn't followed any sport since the early 1970's when my husband was such a fan and we enjoyed them together.  About that time we got a second TV so I did not have to watch sports, enjoying other channels much more so I drifted away from sports entirely.   For me this is a great year to get back into sports again.  Then later in the year it will be the Boston Patriots football team.

Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment