Thursday, August 2, 2018

Canada Geese During Rain Storm

The rain sure doesn't stop them.
Yesterday, on Wednesday, our day was turning cloudy when this family with 5 teenage geese came strolling on the lawn.

Like a parade they marched together...…
You can barely see sentinel Dad thru the leaves of the trees on the right, standing guard.

Grazed together...….

Even snoozed together.

And when the rain came thundering down, they enjoyed the coolness of the rain and one took a refreshing drink from a newly-filled rain puddle.  Even now, the sentinel stands guard over his family, ever watchful.

This morning early, before the heat got worse, I took some shots of our two Morning Glory vines.

They are certainly thick with vines and flowers.

Both are growing out of huge planters against the back of our building, sharing space with herbs.

A close-up.  So very pretty in pink.

Unlike much of the country, our temps only soared to 87*F today, which was fine with me.  I had grocery shopping to do and that took nearly 4 hours traveling to the different stores along with my bussing buddies this morning.  I only needed to stop in 2 stores but we go to others as well to satisfy the needs of my traveling companions who always join me in our weekly shopping expedition.
Now I'm home to rest and enjoy the comfort of my a/c living room.

Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment