Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Summer Garden Walk on Aug 1, 2018

I brought out my camera this morning, but it was too foggy so couldn't take pictures.  I saw the Morning Glories looking fabulous though.

Later at noon-ish, my Penny and I took our stroll thru the garden.
Here's a look at Penny and some of the garden bed.

This is the view from the bottom of the garden.   Lots of lovely color.

Some of the Rudbeckia (Black-eyed Susans) and white yarrow.

More rudbeckia under the birch tree.

Coneflowers come in many colors.  These are yellow and six feet tall.

These are raspberry-colored coneflowers.

We even have the original color, Purple Coneflowers.

One of the Turk's Cap Lilies is in bloom.

As is the Russian Sage.

We have Snowball Hydrangeas in our garden beds, but also here along the lawn's border.

This is so beautiful, but I can't recall the name of this flower.

In the shade of the building at the front of the house, are many varieties of Hosta. This one is fully blooming.

And on either side of our front entrance doors are these huge planters filled with summer flowers and hanging vinca.

I always enjoy walking with my dog each day and finding some new bloom just starting;
These little lavender clusters blooming among the yellow daisies are some I've never seen before.  They look like little burrs but then those 'burrs' open into spikey flower petals.

I fixed a dress for a neighbor who has offered to take me to my next doctor's appt. in December and received a jar of peanut butter from another.  That's usually a sign for me to make peanut butter balls to share in the building.  I've scheduled that for Friday.   I just tried one of the walnut brownies I made for snacking.  Mmmmm good.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment