Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Project Keeping Me Busy

Its hot and I've been twiddling my thumbs a lot lately.  I was happy to have some projects to do today.
A neighbor bought three nice shirts but they were too tight around her arms.  She has a problem in that realm quite a bit with clothing.
She gave me the shirts, but I thought maybe we can fix it so she can wear them.
This one above is a trial fix.  I split the sleeve open and hemmed it back up but the sleeve falls wide so it should be more comfortable.  I hope this works for her.  If it does, I will fix the other two shirts the same.

Another neighbor loves the Microwave Bowl Cozy I gave her for Christmas last year and asked me if I would make her four.  She'd like to give them as gifts, too.
She wasn't fussy about colors so I went with what I had available which I knew were definitely 100% cottons.  These Cozies can only be made with cotton fabric, cotton thread, and cotton batting since they are used in microwave ovens.
These are the four I made and sent them to her apt. with a note they were a gift for being such a kind and charming neighbor.  She was out at the time so I left it on her doorknob.

Its been awhile since I sat and sewed at my machine and my neck is aching.  I have to get back in the groove when the temps get a bit cooler.  Even with my fan blowing in my direction in the bedroom where I sew, I was getting mighty warm today.

Temps. here are near 90*F but the humidity is high so it feels hotter than yesterday when it actually was 90* all day.

Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment