Saturday, December 1, 2018

My Microwave Oven Crashed

Yes, my microwave died on me.  It happened on my shopping day while I was out obviously.  I came home to heat up some delicious chicken soup for a very late lunch, and it made the loudest noises  I tried twice but it did the same and nothing heated.  Then a strange smell pervaded the kitchen so I unplugged the thing.  I need a new one.

It amazes me how much I rely on that kitchen appliance.  I dug out a small pan and heated my soup on top of the stove.  While out shopping, I had bought some hot chocolate mix, it being the season when a cup of warm cocoa works its magic, but will have to heat water on the stove.
I have a habit of zapping my cheddar cheese about 5 seconds twice to warm it before I eat it.  I can't do that now so I left some out to warm to room temp. last nite.  It was OK but not the best.
I also like to zap my half gallon of ice cream so I can remove it easier from the carton.  I just used a scoop dipped in very hot water for scooping last nite.  I missed my hot fudge that I zap for 30 seconds to put over my ice cream.  It would be a mess to do that in a pan on the stove so I eliminated that part of my snack.
Yes, not having a microwave to help is strange after having one all these years.

One of the ladies who rides the shopping bus every week made gifts for the regulars.  I will post a photo.  It was one hanging dish towel with a spare.  She makes them a bit different than I do but it was much appreciated.
Its not seasonal so  they can be used anytime of the year which is always nice.  Thank you Alice.

I have been remiss myself.  I usually make some little gift for folks every year but this year I am not in the mood and with my knee giving me problems since Sept., I just cannot sit at my sewing machine in comfort so I haven't even begun to sew anything.  I thought of making Xmas coasters this year but time will tell.  This may be the year I only give cards and for the locals some Christmas cookies, candy and fudge.

Its a lovely sunny day here in southern Maine but cold, in the low to mid 30'sF expected.  Its always a good day when the sun shines and there's no snow falling, nor rain.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment