Saturday, August 22, 2009

My roses are coming back after the heat...

My David Austin roses always take some time off in the summer heat and don't bloom. Right now one is coming back and its been hot. This is Camisole, an apricot rose and very aromatic. I love it.
We've had temps in the 80s and sometimes around 90 and the humidity has been awful on many of those days. I won't complain because the rain in July drowned many home gardens. I was lucky. With my veggies in raised beds, the water drained well so except for some mushy strawberries and some water rot, my plants made it thru July. Now we are getting the much needed sunshine we missed. I doubt, tho, that my melons will make up any ground. They look stunted so far. We've been eating tomatoes, cukes, broccoli, zucchini, eggplant and peppers lately. The lettuce is past as are the radishes. I've really enjoyed this first summer with a raised veggie garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment