Thursday, July 9, 2009

After another 2 inches of rain, things are OK...

My garden sure is green after all the rain we've had.
These are Packman Broccoli. The heads are purple and about2-3 inches across. When does one cut them? I understand that they will continue to grow on the sides after the center is cut out. One head is turning greenish. Is that one past the 'use by' date????

My 4 cuke plants on the left include Boston pickling, Burpless, and Lemon cucumbers. To their right are sweet peppers, then I have white onions with their long green stalks.

The Sugar Snap peas are growing. There weren't any 2 days ago. I guess the rain is doing wonderful things for them. I hope to harvest some in the next day or two. I think you harvest when you can feel bumps in the pods. Being 'green' at growing crops, I'm learning as I go.

1 comment:

  1. I love the photos of your garden, and found you on the SFG forum. SFG is the only way to go as far as I'm concerned. We've had lots of fun as this has been our first year using this method.

    ReplyDelete