Sunday, May 27, 2018

Canada Geese May 27 2018

                                                              They're back!
I am so happy to see our Canada Geese back for another year, and with another family.
Actually, I first observed them yesterday without my camera.  There were 2 young families grazing by the reservoir then, one with 5 little balls of fluff and the other with 7 larger youngsters.
Maybe one of the pair are the same from last year and they brought some friends.

Today when dog and I took our early morning stroll, I spotted a sentinel by the reservoir.  It must be Daddy keeping a sharp lookout for danger.  I made sure I walked in the opposite direction so as no to frighten them off.  Not having my camera with me, I had to wait til I was back indoors to take these pictures.

They were on the stone wall edging the reservoir this morning.  Only one family today, this the one with the larger 7 kids tagging along.

You can see one of the parents at the far right.

Here they are making their move toward the parking lot, a spot reserved for fishermen's autos.

In this one you can see them spreading out and if you look closely, you can count seven little youngsters learning from their parents.

I am really glad they are going to be joining us again this summer.  It was such fun watching them last year grow from balls of fluff to young fledglings learning to fly and as large as their parents before they took flight south.

Today is a cooler day here in Maine.  Only expecting the low 60sF and maybe some rain.  We had a short shower last nite but nothing much.  Just enough to keep the gardens happy.

Have a nice Sunday.  Take time to remember our fallen soldiers thru the years who made our country safe.  Its their weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment