Friday, May 25, 2018

I Made Some Veggie Beef Soup Today

I got out the Dutch oven and made a pot of Veggie Beef Soup.
It was delicious.  Filled with beef, potatoes, carrots, green beans, corn, peas, lima beans, onions,  and tomato sauce.  I will send most of it home tomorrow with my son for him and my grandson.  I will also make a batch of my meatballs tomorrow, another item I cook that my guys enjoy.  Again, the majority of those will make their way to their home.

I am on an eating plan again.  I am watching my intake.  Smaller portions, drinking more water, only eating one sandwich or one bowl of homemade soup (I could easily finish two of either with a smile), and limiting or refusing snacks altogether.  I have a doctor's appt. for my yearly checkup and would love to lose those 10 pounds I've gained over the last 2 months.  I will make the effort.

When I grocery shopped yesterday, I passed the snack aisles and didn't buy anything extra.  I still have candy bars in the house and will eat those sparingly, very sparingly, because I hate to toss away good food.  I also hate to give it away.  LOL

Our temps today were in the 80sF so I had the a/c going.  Its comfy in my apt.  Tomorrow will be cooler and lots of rain they are predicting.

My Red Sox play the Atlanta Braves in a home game tonite and the next 3 days.  I am hoping for all wins, but 2 wins will make me happy if that's all that happens.  We are in and out of first place in the American League every other day it seems, along with the New York Yankees.

I told my son that I am enjoying my second childhood and when I grow up I will be an entirely different person.  That's because I haven't watched a baseball game since the 1960s and I never liked football so never watched a full game ever.  Before the end of the last football season, I was enjoying the Boston Patriots and know I will watch them again next fall.  Now I watch on TV every Boston Red Sox baseball game that plays and have since the season started.  I had a couple of favorites after the first couple of days of viewing.  Favorite player:  J D Martinez.  Favorite Pitcher:  Joe Kelly.    I am happy to report that JD is getting lots of runs batted in and lots of homers since I've been watching.  Don't you just love it when a favorite player does well?
That is why I will be a different person when I grow up.  I am into sports these days.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment