Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Warmer Weather At Last

We've waited so long, but I think spring is really here.  This week temps in the 60sF and 70sF expected.  Right now its 60.  Love it.
My dog and I took a longer walk today and I took pictures.

First of all, this is our first Dandelion under the trees by the front parking lot.

The view from the bridge shows the river is low.  See all the rocks showing in the river near the top of the photo.  In front is the river before it goes over the falls and a popular place for fisherman to catch trout every year and the Canadian geese to raise their young.

The Forsythia in one of the the front garden beds are nodding happily in their yellow florals.

This is a close-up of one of them.  They are not fully fledged yet, but they are getting there.

This is one of our young Lilacs by the front entrance.  Just showing a few buds at this point.

We have one on each side of the front pathway.  This is the second one looking mighty bare right now.

The gardens by the back patio are just coming into bloom with the white birches standing sentinel.

The first of the flowers in our raised beds along the garden pathway show Jonquils along with some white with yellow Daffodils nodding their pretty heads now.


Another raised bed with yellow Jonquils and white and yellow Daffodils.

Here's a close-up view of the two types of flowes we have blooming right now.

These are more from the garden area behind the patio.

When my corgi Penny and I got home, I was feeling so good I had to rearrange my wardrobe to suit the seasons.
The front closet now boasts summer jackets and light-weight tops with the winter ones back in the rear of the walk-in closet for many months.
I took all my winter gear including boots, gloves, hats, scarves, ice cleats and the like and those are relegated to the winter storage box and out of sight.  I love it.
Even winter nite wear is stashed away for the season and the summery light stuff is in play.  It makes one feel really good to see it all changed around and my drawers all rearranged.

I hope you had a nice day as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment