Thursday, October 5, 2017

I Did A Little Sewing Today.

I sort of felt a bit guilty for not getting back to my projects, so today I made an effort to sew again.

I finally got back to Flowers in Season which I haven't touched for several months.  It will be a good one for next spring because the flowers are Iris and Roses, so I have plenty of time to finish it.
I'm back to satin-stitching down the pieces and made good headway.

This one is Turkey in the Marigolds.  I had this lovely marigold fabric I could use for the background.  Mr. Turkey is tacked down so tomorrow the satin-stitching can begin.

I took a break but came back after a short rest to satin-stitch my turkey but also to add my signature fairy in the background.  I like to add a fairy or a honey bee to my work.

Right now I have an aching neck from working on my sewing machine.  It needs rest and some exercise to make it feel better.  I won't be sewing again til tomorrow.

Today is such a lovely day in southern Maine.  Temps in the 60sF with sunshine and a lovely breeze off the river making it such a pleasure to sit outside in the back garden and just enjoy the day.

Have a good one yourselves.   Hugs, S

3 comments:

  1. You are really talented... thanks for showing them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a diff satin stitch adds to the quilt art! You do great work!!

    ReplyDelete