Thursday, January 25, 2018

How To Stay Safe on Icy Days

I sanded the pathway after the icy evening but by morning it had iced over again.  Lucky for me I was wearing my ice cleats on my ankle boots.
I have purchased a few of these items but I have to say here, these are the best.  I bought them from eiher L.L.Bean or Vermont Country Store many years ago when I had to walk a few blocks to catch a bus in the city.  They have been my safest item for winter.
I have cheaper ones, and some that are just a band of sharp points across a strap that goes over the toe of one's boots.  They, I have to admit, were useless when I took a tumble by the dumpster last year.   True, it was black ice, but still they did not grip the ice at all and I came down hard on my pillowed backside, and my hands, which were red from the fall.  Hey, there's something to be said for having extra fat during the winter.  No lasting injuries thank goodness.
So I went hunting for my other ice cleats and found them.  Since I have been wearing them on my ankle boots this winter, no problems nor near misses.  They are truly safe, safe, safe.  No slips or skids or near falls.
If you do not own a pair, I say buy yourself a sturdy set today.  Be sure they are strong rubber and have sturdy, strong points on the bottom.  If you pay good money for them (I think these were around $16 way back when), you want something that will last for years. A three dollar pair are just not safe enough.
Have a nice.....and safe.....day.

No comments:

Post a Comment