Friday, January 5, 2018

Snowstorm Grayson Dumped 15" on us Jan. 4, 2018

Its the first snowstorm of the year and its a biggy.  I measured in 4 different level areas to get a good measurement and I came up with 15" of the white stuff.  Luckily it was light in weight so there were minimal power outages, and those mostly in the south along the coast where rising tides and a full moon brought strong waves washing over the roadways.
Our garden pathway snow-blowed this morning.

Part of the gardens themselves, home to our sky high Pampas grasses, now mostly buried.

The view of the winding river covered with ice floes, with even the reservoir in the foreground partially iced over.

Toward the left you can see what looks like stair steps where the water falls are mostly frozen solid except for a small stream that still flows freely.  The bridge between our two towns spans more ice-covered river.

Snow, snow, snow everywhere.

This weekend we will be visited by another Arctic cold front giving us 20 below zero temps in the evenings.  Right now it is 10 above with the afternoon being a bit overcast.  Our temps next week will be heat waves in the 20s and even reaching 35 on Tuesday, they tell us.

For me, its a good time to stay indoors.  I have plenty of food in my larder, sweets leftover from Christmas, and goodies that still tempt me even after the New Year, which I will NOT waste.  I even have Italian Wine Cookies planned to bake this weekend.

Have a nice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment