Thursday, January 25, 2018

My Andrulis Farmer's Cheese Arrived Today!

I am so happy today.  My order of Farmer's Cheese from Michigan, from Andrulis Cheese, came today with its 6 packages of cheese.  The minimum I could buy online was 6 and the weights differ depending on the size of the package.
This is a solid form of cheese that looks like a block of cottage cheese.
I chose regular shipping since the lady explained to me that they packed them well in insulation and Ice-Brix.  Shipped on Monday and received today, Thursday by UPS.

Here are my six packages.  All slightly different in weight.
The cost is six something per pound and one has to purchase six minimum.  That won't matter to me since I love this cheese and will enjoy eating it every day.  But I also have friends that love this cheese as well and will share it among them.
The shipping is costly, but still, it comes to less per pound that when I bought it at the local grocery chain that carried it until a few months ago.  They charged $12.99 a pound for this cheese.  After shipping costs, this cheese costs eleven and change per pound.
One can have it shipped in 2-day shipments, but taking 3 days works out fine for me.  It would cost more to receive it the 2nd day.
As you can tell from this photo, the cheese is pretty solid and pure white.  I sprinkle it with a bit of salt before I serve it and I admit to loving this so much, I eat it as is without anything to go with it except some liquid to drink.
In my youth, my grandmother used to buy a large oval Farmer's cheese which was not as solid and she would sit it on a sunny windowsill for a few hours each day, then back into the refrigerator overnite.  She did this for several days til there was a crust on the outside of the cheese.  It tasted fabulous.
I, sad to say, never got the precise workings of this method so I don't prepare it like my Gram.  I wish I had learned the art, but its too long, too late now.
Still, this brand makes a more solid cheese and it is very much to my liking.  It brings back Lithuanian memories of my youth, even though I was born in America.
I plan to sit now and nibble a bit.
Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment