Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Getting Colder Again Here In Maine.

We had a few nice days, sunny and in the 40sF which was good to melt some of the ice that has covered our ground.  The 2 days was not enough to melt it all and the waterfall on the river is still frozen water though its shrunk a bit.  Now its getting colder again.
Today it was in the low 20sF but with a wind that made it feel in the single digits.  I know, I felt it when I took out the dog for her walks.  Brrrrr, I had to put on my heavy winter parka once again.  I feel like the Pillsbury Dough Boy when I wear it.  Its heavy but warm.
Its weather like this when I wish I could just let Penny out the back door (as I did in my previous lodgings) and not have to get dressed against a cold walk.   But she's worth it, four times a day including early morning and then a late short walk at nite when it gets mighty bitter out there.
I know we haven't seen the last of winter.  February is always our worst one for snow storms so I foresee many white days ahead.
Have a nice day.
Here's what one of our usual snow storms produces here in Maine, and if you look closely you can see my dear Penny's golden head at bottom right walking the shoveled pathway.

No comments:

Post a Comment