Wednesday, June 27, 2018

A Walk In The Garden Surprised the Geese Families

It was time for Penny's suppertime walk and lo and behold, I got a nice surprise.  Having spotted the 2 Geese Families from my living room window, I brought my camera to take pictures of then along with some flowers in the garden.


These are the flowers, both yellow and white daisy types.

Here
Here is Seven Family heading for grass which I saw from my window. The kids are looking full-grown already.

I spotted them from my upstairs apt.  Both families are grazing.  Both fathers stay alert and on guard while the mothers graze right along with their kids, teaching them survival skills.

Another shot of the grazing families, with Five Family on left and Seven Family on Right.

They spotted me as I arrived at my back door and headed across the dirt road for the river.

Almost there.

"Ah, safe at last.  I think she went indoors."

The Seven Family feeling safe and secure, rest and preen, but Dad on the far right, even resting, keeps an alert watch for danger.

It was so nice to see them again.  The Five Family (5 youngsters in the brood) are somewhat younger and still sporting some gray fluff among their feathers, but all look sturdy and healthy.  The Seven Family (7 youngsters in the hatch) look big enough to fly but I have yet to see them sprinting across the road.

Its pleasant to see our geese come back year after year to raise their young.  It keeps things interesting when one strolls in the garden or watches the river.

Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment