Thursday, January 10, 2019

Chicadees Wall Hanging Is Coming Along

I finally chose my fabrics for this wall hanging and took a big step toward its design.
I took this idea from a Christmas card I received from a dear friend.  I loved the idea of the birds with mufflers and thought I should make something for the cool season but not Christmas.  This is what I have so far.  Its just roughly tacked down (with stitches) and later I will satin-stitch the subjects as well as add their feet and eyes and a bit of greenery to give the idea of pine trees.

I am finally feeling my quilting mojo is back so the ideas keep percolating in my brain and I keep making rough sketches.

The newest idea is from a Fons and Porter Program #3202 dealing with Fabric Collage.  I fell in love with the idea.  I shopped thru my fabric shelves and found several fabrics that will be ideal for fabric collage.   I drew some sketches of their program ideas and so far I have a penguin, elephant, pigs, flamingo that should make into nice collage.  These were all subjects shown in the Fons and Porter Program that other quilters had finished.  I loved them all.

 I have made rough drafts of those drawings but will have to make them larger and on possibly some stabilizer or lining fabric to work with in adding the collage.

Yes, my mojo is back!   Hooray!
Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment