Saturday, January 5, 2019

New Wall Hanging Ideas, Chickadees and Canada Gooose

I am finally tackling another project or two.  I have some new ideas for wall hangings.
My first was from a Christmas card I received, a chickadee in a muffler....
I found the card adorable and also the little chickadee, which is our state bird.  This is a rough draft.  Its also one of my favorite birds.  I used to watch them a lot at my feeders, flying in to grab a seed and immediately flying off to crack it and eat it on a nearby branch in safety.

My idea is two birds in the forest.  The background fabric is yet to be chosen, but hopefully something with some pine tassels or what look like pine branches.

For two summers I have been watching a pair of Canada Geese raise a family on our river, from tiny fluff balls to sturdy adults looking much like their parents before flying south to warmer climes.
I chose this idea for my goose.

For 2018 we actually had 2 families of geese being raised.

Decisions are tough for me.  I dilly dally on backgrounds especially and then the fabrics I need for the subjects.  I often lay them aside to see if they capture what I am feeling.  I have a habit of changing them and being undecided for days at a time before making the final decision.  Its fun but it sure puts me behind in my tasks.  Luckily I am retired and can take as much time as needed for these decisions.
I am off now to play with fabric.
Have a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment