Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Want to see my crops today?

These are my 3 Brussel Sprouts, Bubbles variety.

Here's the 7 Broccoli plants, Packmans in front of the peas.

I have 6 large Cabbage, Early Jersey Wakefield with some smaller red cabbage, Super Red minis, to their right.

This is another cantaloupe, Ambrosia variety, under its warming vinyl-covered cage which I made from chicken wire, bamboo stakes and clear vinyl to cover them and keep them warm.
I wasn't able to get the trellis I wanted for the larger plants, cantaloupes and watermelons, so they are growing in the last squares along the back of the garden so I can trail their vines into and across the little corn field.
The watermelon is a small variety known as Sugar Baby so I'm thinking this will work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment