Monday, February 27, 2017

I made Crash Hot Potatoes today.

Have you ever tried them?  They are a Ree Drummond recipe from her 'Pioneer Woman' TV show.  I've had the recipe for quite a while and make them now and then.  They really need the smaller spuds, and since I had a small bag of steamers I needed to use up soon,  I thought them ideal.
Yes, they were ideal.  Just the right size.
The first step is to boil them til tender, with the skins intact.  That's why smaller potatoes are best used.  These were boiled, then set out on a baking sheet.  I used a potato masher to mash them down, not quite flat, but so they split open.

Here's a view of the masher doing its job.  You push the taters that come thru the holes back down onto the potato.

Sprinkle the mashed spuds with a little olive oil, salt and pepper.  Then bake them in a hot oven of 475*F for 10-15 minutes.

Here are mine after 15 mins. at 475*.  They are ready to serve.
Personally, I like to add a few dabs of butter on top of my taters to add more flavor.  They were very tasty with my baked chicken.  Mmmmmm good.
Have a nice day.




4 comments:

  1. I think i will do this with some spuds i have ...needing to use them up ...sounds good

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you will be pleased. I enjoy them as do my family. And they are find as leftovers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MmmmMmmmm those look & sound YUMMY!! Definitely something i know that me & my two guys would love!! When i get better from the latest virus i"ve caught i just might make us a batch. Thank you for sharing this, you are a wonderfully delightful person Miss Sandra!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had to give up white potatoes because they're starchy and raise hubby's blood sugar, so I gave them up too. I do miss McDonalds fries and might treat myself one day.

    ReplyDelete