Friday, February 17, 2017

The sun is shining today.

Yes, good news.  The sun is shining and all is good.  Report from the weather service is nice weather with temps in the 30s and 40sF for the next 5 days.  I'll take it.  Maybe some of this snow will melt.

I took a fall yesterday on black ice while walking the dog. Nothing broken, thank goodness, but I'm well padded on the backside which hit the ground first.  Today a few aches and pains:  right hip, right shoulder and side of neck, right palm probably from trying to stop my fall and a swollen left middle finger probably from the same thing.  The hands always try to break one's fall and I'm grateful.  Luckily I did not hit the pavement with my head.

Today I took out meats from the freezer to plan for meals ahead.  Maybe spaghetti and meatballs, homemade pizza, chicken with veggies, and even a couple of pork chops are defrosting.  I'm getting hungry already just thinking of good food.

My son is coming over this weekend and I know he loves my spaghetti and meatballs and I always make enough to take home to my grandson who visits him on Sundays. 

I have a task for him.  One morning while clearing off the ice and snow from my car, and I even had the windshield covered, somehow the wiper on the driver's side came off and darn it, I just could not figure out how to get it back on.  I don't think anything is broken, but its a mystery to me how to get it fixed.  My son is great with cars so its a task I'll leave for this weekend when he visits.

The rest of my time for a couple of days will be taken up in mundane tasks; laundry, vacuuming, washing my two small floors and putting a coating of shine on them, and dusting off the furniture.  Nothing to wear me out too much.  And some cooking.  I'm even thinking of making some peanut butter fudge with walnuts.  That's something I have to debate.  I've been losing a little excess weight and eating fudge won't help so I keep putting off that sweet chore.

I hope the snow and ice in your area of the country are melting and adding to the water table for this summer so there's less chance for droughts.  Hang in there.  They tell me spring is around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment