Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Utility Cart Came Today

I've needed one of these but had to shop around for one with rubber wheels.  So many now are being made with plastic wheels and I don't care for plastic.  It may last forever in a landfill, but when it breaks there's no fixing plastic.

Mine is black and it holds 120 lbs so when I come home from shopping on the bus, I can unload right into it and bring my goods upstairs on the elevator.  It will make things easier.  We have one in the laundry room for anyone's use, but sometimes it is being used by someone bringing home their laundry.  There are a couple of other carts there, but smaller and no use to me and my amount of shopping bags.  I wanted my very own.

Here's a view of the wheels.  I wasn't sure I could put this together, only the wheels were needed to add with washers, springs, and cotter pins, but the directions were clear and it was easy.  I managed just fine.
I also added some large-sized name labels to the handles and the front placque so everyone will know this is a personal cart and not the laundry's.  I will keep it outside my apartment when not in use.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment