Thursday, September 7, 2017

Halloween Is Coming!

I really needed to get back to sewing so I drew a few patterns for the Holiday and started my first one, Witch in a Cauldron wall hanging.

This is a rough tacking down of the pattern.  The witch's dress is purple, tho I see it looks sort of bluish in the photo.  The socks are red and blue.  The background is a light orange and cream.   I will add gold buckles to the shoes.
Its simple, but it says Halloween.  I just want a small wall hanging, about 10, x 12 inches or so to hang on my front door.
There's lots of stitching needed to finish this before I can add borders but if I am lucky, I will have it ready by next week, plenty of time for Halloween.
I also free-handed a few other patterns: two with different ghosts, one with a pumpkin and a cat side by side, one with a cat sitting inside a pumpkin, and that should be enuf for the holiday.
I have to buy some orange fabric, that's for sure.  It seems to be I bought some last year but I have yet to locate it among my stacks of cotton fabric. I know other quilters know what I mean.   I think a trip to the local quilt shop is needed next week.

On a positive note, I have lost 7 pounds of the six I gained eating good candy the last couple of months. Yes, I lost one more pound that I gained   I think I may have found my problem when it comes to weight loss.  
I get to craving food and can't help myself and have to pile it in.  But this time, along with limiting my portions and avoiding most snacks, I also cut way back on soda.
I knew that drinking diet drinks always made me crave more food instead of cutting back, but now I'm thinking that regular soda has the same effect, only to a lesser degree.  So that means I am limiting my soda intake to a glass every other day or so.  So far, its been a week, and I am not craving snacks as I had done always in the past.
So friends, cross your fingers for me.  I wanted to lose that extra 6 pounds before my regular checkup mid-Sept. but I really need to lose about 20-30 lbs more if I'm honest with myself.  
Maybe this will work out better for me.  I can only try.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment