Thursday, September 28, 2017

Another Sewing Day

I sewed today and not much else.
I made out a list of foods I should eat and amounts of same since I have to cut back on sugar according to my doctor.  I am getting close to the diabetic range of numbers so he wants me to cut back.  Not eliminate entirely, just enjoy my sweets occasionally.  That will be tough because I love my peanut butter balls, peanut butter fudge, chocolate fudge and my chocolate walnut clusters that I make to enjoy even while sharing some with friends in the building.
I'm thinking I will make a batch only when a Holiday is coming and share most of them with others and eat very few of them myself.
I understand that carbohydrates mean a lot when it comes to sugar numbers so friends have been advising me about that, too.  I surely welcome their input.
One of them is sending me a chart on Counting my Carbs which will be useful.

In the meantime, I shopped for foods that are healthier for me.

......And I am sewing to keep me too busy to think of sticking candy in my mouth.  LOL

 As you can see above, my latest wall hanging, Ghost Under a Full Moon, is pinned now and ready for quilting tomorrow.  I should be able to finish it up the same day with a black border.

Next on the agenda are the few Thanksgiving wall hangings.  I have turkeys and a cornucopia drawn for those.

For Xmas, so far, I have snowmen and a penguin  on the drawing board.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment