Friday, September 15, 2017

'Witch in a Cauldron' Wall Hanging is Finished

Here it is, my first Halloween wallhanging.
I finished it today, and am very pleased with it.  It measures 14 x 16 inches so its the perfect size to hang on my front door.

Now I have to layer, pin, and quilt my two Ghost wall hangings but maybe not until tomorrow.  I'm rather tired right now.  I have to get away from my sewing machine now and then.

Its a good time to read and I have a book I know I will enjoy, A Good Man with a Dog by Roger Guay, (published 2016), a retired Maine game warden who served for 25 years in the Maine woods.  Its started out great and caught my interest so I really want to get back to it.
I have a fondness for our game wardens.  They do terrific work tending the wildlife in our state and if you haven't yet seen the TV program North Woods Law, you need to check it out.  It deals with all the things that go on in our woods.   I notice that lately under that title they are showing programs of the New Hampshire conservation officers (another name for game warden).  As our next-door neighbors their jobs are the same and I give them all credit where credit is due.
Good job men and women who serve our wildlife.  Thank you.

Have a good day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment