Monday, September 18, 2017

I'm Working on 2 More Halloween Wallhangings

I am on a roll.  I chose two of my designs and started tacking down the pieces.
This is "Cat in a Pumpkin" so far.  Its pinned atop another wall hanging.  I found that tacking down black fabric with my usual black thread wasn't working for me.  It was too difficult to see where I should be cutting away fabric.  With this one I made two glaring errors in cutting and had to reset more fabric after removing the damaged pieces.
The background fabric I've had for a few years and with its dark clouds and a moon above, I thought this a good place to use it.
There is still lots to go on this but I had to stop when my back starting acting up.  I was doing a bit too much today.

This one is "Cat in a Pumpkin Patch" and will have a large pumpkin to the left of the cat.  The background is a darker gold than is showing here.

Now its time to rest up a bit and with the light going so quickly with the overcast sky, I won't get back to these til tomorrow.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment