Friday, November 24, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving Day.  We did in my family.
My son roasted a large turkey that was delicious, it was so moist and flavorful.
I made Lithuanian bundies, mashed taters with gravy and peanut butter balls.  I brought a bakery pie and some store-bought things along.  Everything was A-1 in my book.  Everyone had seconds of everything.

Streets on the way to the City were pretty much deserted as were the parking lots.

Today was a lazy day for me.  I vacuumed because it was needed and this morning I also washed the dishes and pots I used on T-Day for the food I brought, but that was the limit of my endeavors.  I was lazy and tired when I got home yesterday after eating so well so nothing got done and I even took a couple of naps on the sofa in front of the TV.

Its been chilly every day lately, in the 30s, but at least its been sunny for the Holiday and today.
The river is high and the rapids are rolling.  There must be some rain from further up north because our boulders in the river have disappeared under the height of the river.

Lately in the mornings the grass is frosted over early but it disappears when the sun has been out a few hours.
Gardens are pretty bleak but our Pampas grass is lovely and waving their plumes over 7 feet high.

I don't shop on Black Friday since several years ago when I tried it once and didn't like it.  The ads for specific things were limited to only a few so no more available for everyone that wanted one.  A wasted trip to the stores, forme.  I thought it was a lost cause trekking around the stores trying to get things on my list.  Now I shop some online and the rest during other times during the year.  No Black Friday shopping ever again for me.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment