Saturday, November 4, 2017

Tuna Fish for Sandwiches.

I like very little seafood, but canned tuna is one of my favorites for sandwiches.  I don't like chunks of tuna, so I flake mine.  I also only use solid white tuna or albacore.

Ingredients:
1     4 oz.. can Albacore Tuna Fish, water packed, drained in the can
1     Stalk Celery, finely chopped
1/4 to 1/3 of a  Medium -sized Yellow Onion, finely chopped.
2     Tablespoons Mayonnaise (or Salad Dressing, if you prefer)
1-2  teaspoons lemon juice, if desired
Salt and Pepper to taste

When you open a can of tuna, the solid white and the albacore, are one solid piece, not like above.  I have already started the flaking process on my can of tuna.
I like to flake my tuna.  Chunks are not to my liking.
To flake it, just take the tines of a salad or dinner fork and scrape it over the tuna in the can.  Keep scraping it across the tuna so it flakes.

You keep flaking it until it looks like you want it.


Place your finely chopped onion and celery in a bowl.  Scrape your tuna in the bowl now.
Add your lemon juice if you are using it, plus your salt and pepper to taste.  Mix it all up.

If you want more green, you can add some lettuce or whatever greens you prefer.
Add your mayo and stir to incorporate it all together.
Cover and refrigerate.

I enjoy this spread on toasted white or wheat bread and also on toasted hot dog rolls or stuffed into small sandwich rolls for a party.

Have a Nice Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment