Sunday, November 5, 2017

I Sewed Today, Working on WHs

I thought it was time for me to get cracking on T-Day wall hangings.  Today I made inroads.

I finished "Cornucopia" today.  Its small, but perfect for hanging on my front door at 9.5" by 11" so I'm content.   Now I have two T-Day wall hangings finished so I can switch them around each week.

This one is "Turkey Duo" which is larger and its all tacked down but lots more stitching needed before its complete.  The background fabric is chicken wire.

And I've wanted to do something about my beloved pet, Penny.  I'm making a portrait of her as well.   I also love the color turquoise, so the background fits perfectly.  Here it is tacked down at this point.  I will work on it in between T-Day and Xmas projects.

Right now my back is aching.  Sewing does that.  I must sit awkwardly at my machine and bending forward to look closely at my work doesn't help solve the aching problems.  For now I will rest up a bit.  Its a dark and gray day today anyway and the lighting by my machine isn't really bright for close work.  The lamps I have do not do the trick.  So rest and TV and a good book are on my menu this afternoon

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment