Saturday, December 30, 2017

Winter Views on Dec 30, 2017

I took a few photos of the snow and ice in our territory
The trees along the river are white with ice.  Our daytime temps haven't been up high enough to melt any of it that arrived a couple days ago.

This is our normally seven-foot tall Pampas grass laid low by the weight of the ice that covered it the last several days.

The reservoir in the background is only iced on the edges.  Large areas of icy snow have flowed thru already.

This is an unusual scene here in southwestern Maine this time of year.  Usually we are hoping for some snow on Christmas for the kids to use their new toboggans and sleds, but we got more than we bargained for this year.   Our cold came earlier.  Its usually in January that we are muffled to the teeth to fight the cold.

I am happy to report that the 8 degrees above zeroF that it was when I took these photos, really felt pretty darn good after our below zero nites when I walk my dog.  And the sunshine really helps during times like this.  I didn't even have to wear my mittens this noon and I was comfy.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment