Saturday, December 30, 2017

African Violets Amid the Bitter Cold of Dec 2017

Its been unusually cold here in southwestern Maine the last week.  Days in the single digits Fahrenheit and nites below zero.  Penny and I took our morning walk at 7:30 to 12 below zero.  We didn't waste our time.  Thank goodness Penny is trained to 'go' pretty much when she hears the magic words so it only took us 5 mins. out in that blast freezer this morning.
Here is some pretty color among the cold of the month.  My African Violets are beginning to bloom again.  On the far right is my wonderful good luck gargoyle I named Gamma Ramma, because he is the goat.   I think he is doing a good job of keeping me safe from the hobgoblins thru the nights.
The plants are blooming just in time.  I took down all the Christmas decorations so color is needed in my home to make me smile.
I have beef stew in the crock pot which will warm up this old body later and enough for my son to take some home with him today.
I know the rest of the country is suffering with the cold and snow as well.  I wish you all a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment