Sunday, December 17, 2017

Visitors and Sewing Today

I had two visitors today.  One of them requested a batch of my peanut butter fudge which I made for her last nite.    She picked it up this morning.
The other my best friend who came over with my Christmas gifts today and I gave her hers.  We like to get together for our Game Days (cards, dominoes, checkers, cribbage, etc) and good food for lunch, sometimes homemade, sometimes great take out from our favorite places.
We are exact opposites.......She's short and I'm tall, she is an Energizer Bunny and I'm not, I am creative with sewing, crocheting, knitting and she's not.  She loves to cook and clean and I cook and clean because I HAVE to in order to live, I love Britcoms and reading, and she doesn't.....but we both adore our families, our friends, and animals, wild and domestic.
Today we were both busy with the coming events in our particular lives and didn't chat for long.  I will see more of her after the Holidays.

I also got back to Christmas Mouse today and have the satin-stitching completed.
I'm thinking a bright red border for this wall hanging.  The eyes are not yet added.  There is the quilting and the backing and labeling before I'm finished but that will be tomorrow, I'm sure.  I need to get him hung on my door so I really need to make time tomorrow to finish him.

I also made inroads on little gifts for the residents here.  I made 2 more microwave bowl cozies and there are many more to go but I have a few more days to finish those.
These are the two made today.  I made myself one exactly like the one on the left because my favorite color is turquoise and this has a pretty turquoise print.  Another resident here also loves turquoise, so you know she will get the one on the left.

My back is aching.  It doesn't take much, just a couple hours at my sewing machine and I'm pretty well racked up for the day.  Maybe I can get more sewing in a little later.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment