Monday, December 11, 2017

"Santa" and "Frosty's Winter Frolic" Wall Hangings Finished Today.

I worked at it, and got two of them finished today.
Santa is ready to hang on my door tonite.
This guy is small, but suits his purpose.  Santa measures 11.5 Inches Wide by 12 inches Long finished.  His eyes, though they look a bit off-color, are fine.  Its the lighting when I took the photo.

Frosty's Winter Frolic I made in bright background so he would show up clearly.   White snow flakes for winter, on a red background, fits my idea of bright.  He measures 13.5 inches Wide by 11.5 inches Long.

A quilter friend of mine suggested I add ornaments for Christmas Time to make him a bit different and only for the Holidays.  I agreed.  Thank you dear friend.
I bought these Christmas balls, shown above, which I can add during December only, and remove for after Christmas.  Frosty's Winter Frolic is now a Two-Fer.  I love it when I can get more use from a seasonal item.

My next project, dear to my heart, is a Christmas Mouse hanging onto a tree ornament.  I have all the fabric chosen and the background.  I just need time to start it.

I have a Christmas Party to go to tomorrow afternoon.  A catered affair by the apartment's owners and managers.  We have a Yankee Gift Swap, too, so I have a gift ready for that but not yet wrapped.   Our resident Christmas Party doesn't take place until Dec. 21st so there is time to get another gift for the Yankee Gift Swap with that one.  Its a Pot Luck so I'm bringing homemade candy and fudge.  There's also a 50/50 which is a money gift, the amount depending on how many buy how many tickets for the drawing.

We (the residents in our senior building) have a special gift box for our local volunteer Firemen and Women who are always there when they are needed, from a smoke alarm going off, to a resident falling ill.  In minutes they are here to help us.  They include EMTs and an ambulance so we are well taken care of in this small town.  This year 'the box' consists of 3 large shopping  bags which are nearly full already.  I like to add something sweet, something sugarless, and something salt-free as well, and a non-food item, so my items are all packed and ready to go to the Fire Barn along with all the rest of the gifts on Dec. 15th.

I hear snow is arriving again tonite.  We had 3-4" of the white stuff  this week and no power outages, which is always a good thing.  We can expect snow all thru the winter here in Southwestern Maine, so its something we all prepare ourselves for ahead of time.

Have a Good Day.  Hugs, S


No comments:

Post a Comment