Friday, December 22, 2017

Our Resident Xmas Party on Dec 21 2017

We had a pot luck Xmas Party on Dec. 21st this year and it was fun, fun, fun.
Lots of good food and nice gifts abounded.
One of the main dishes included Kentucky Fried Chicken which I love so I was happy.  There was also a nicely sliced ham and sides galore.  Being a plain meat and potatoes kind of person, I limited my choices.

My plate is full with just my favorites, so definitely no room to try other dishes.

I just had to post this photo of artwork done by one of our residents which was adorable.  She does fantastic work.  This was in the Yankee Swap and so loved by the recipient, no one swapped it away from her because, being number one, she would just swap it back to herself at the end of the swapping.  That's the ideal about choosing the slip marked number one in this Swap.

Our dessert table held enough to add hundreds of calories to everyone's waistline this Xmas, including my peanut butter fudge.

These are some of my favorite residents here, and I include them among my friends.  I don't want to reveal their names because being online, their privacy is paramount with me and them.

Folks were dressed in their Christmas finery, blouses and tops that are relegated to the back of the closet most of the year but are happily worn for the last days til Christmas.

We even had a Christmas Punch, but not like some with alcohol, but this one pretty tame with ginger ale, some frozen juice concentrates, and many scoops of sherbet ice cream.  I enjoyed it as did everyone else.

I saved a bit of my meat portions for Penny, who enjoyed them thoroughly when I got back to our apt.  There was our usual Yankee Gift Swap.  Unfortunately the gift I chose from under the tree and loved, was swapped out by another.  It happens in a Yankee Swap and happened at our last party as well.  After a few party extras and little gifts along with a 50/50 (in which 2 folks split the money collected in the drawing), we all went home with filled tummies.

It was a wonderful Christmas Party.   I wish you a wonderful day.

3 comments:

  1. You look beautiful! What a nice party and the food all looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I was happy and enjoyed myself. S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stood out enough to be noticed at this point? The run of the mill Investor has great to extraordinary FICO ratings. Phenomenal money saves or concealed assets of accomplices with money, and a willingness to influence the arrangement to occur at about any cost. the opus condo

    ReplyDelete