Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Easter Wall Hanging, "Look What I Found" is started.

I had to rearrange my bedroom/sewing room after our building inspection because my desk with my sewing machine blocked a window enough that I was told a fireman would not be able to remove me easily from my room in case of a bad fire.
Well, that meant shuffling furniture around and when that was done, I liked it better than the original placement.
I got my Mojo back!

I had drawn a few pictures of things I wanted to make so I started with those.
With Easter coming I thought I needed to get something on the drawing board for that Holiday first and foremost.
My first idea was a colorfully-maned Unicorn since I adore them but that's not really an Easter symbol.  I drew a small one, and then drew a larger one I could work on more easily.  I think I will make both when the time is available.

For my current project I played around with this drawing.  I liked it, but in the end.....

...I changed it up a bit.  I also adore fairies and like to place them in my original WHs, so I did a little change for this Easter Wall Hanging.  Here is my latest wall hanging, "Look What I found!"

Its not finished yet.  There are the eyes and nose and tongue bit and the pink inside the ears but I have made a start, and that is what's important today.  Then the final bits; satin-stitching,  borders, layering, pinning,  quilting, binding and then it will be finished.

Our sky is getting mighty gray now with the promise of 5"-8" or snow predicted starting tonite and thru tomorrow.  I will, as usual, hibernate during this storm.  I have enough food in the pantry so I won't starve and sandwich makin's if the power goes out.  We have to expect this weather here in Maine during February, which is our month for big storms and lots of snow, more than any other month.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment