Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Three Wall Hangings In Progress

I spent another good day sewing and made progress on my 3 wall hangings.

The first thing I did was redo Penny.  I did NOT like how the eye turned out.  It was too big and dark and I was not pleased.  Today, I replaced the section with her eye so I can remake it.  I did not do that today.  I am still thinking of how to proceed with that.

The Easter/Spring Rabbit in the garden I satin-stitched today.  There's, of course, more to do with this one like shading the nose adding the eye, trimming the whole thing to size, adding borders, adding the batting and backing, quilting the piece, trimming a second time,  doing the binding and adding my label.  I could not finish it today.

Dillie, my Spring/Easter baby dragon is coming along.  I satin-stitched most of it but have the daffodil to finish with the satin-stitching.  Then the usual steps that finish up a wall hanging can begin.  Not today.

Lovely day out today, in the high 40sF and snow is melting quickly now.  Warmer tomorrow, maybe 60s, and til this weekend at least.  We only got a bit of that rain they predicted so far.

Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment