Sunday, February 18, 2018

Snowstorm Noah Came To the Northeast 02-18-18

Snowstorm Noah didn't pass us by in the Northeast.  Penny and I went for our early morning walk and I took my yardstick along.  Measured it at 6" of new snow.  Went indoors and got my camera and came out clicking.  Its so beautiful just after a soft snow storm.
This is how I found our patio area this morning.

The tall Pampas grass golden, dressed in white, and leaning.

The river with its guardians of trees, just lovely.

The two stalwart pines across the river, covered is soft snow.

The bridge, quiet and dusted with snow.


The view of the bridge thru the paper bark birch

Even the dam looks good this morning


The trees across the river are so lovely in their finery.

One can't get enough of such beauty.

The garden walk pristine and buried

Even our oldest resident, this tall monarch, looks bright and beautiful.

I am not a skier, skater, or a sledding person so I will enjoy the loveliness of today from the warmth and comfort of indoors, thank you.  I'll leave the fun and cold to the youth and energetic. 

As for cold, it won't be too bad today.  We're expecting it to reach high 30Fs today, maybe even 40.  I know what that will do to our lovely snow.  Melting time is upon us.  Especially in days to come.  Tomorrow in the 40s and on Thursday, an unprecedented 60s on our thermometers.  

Have a nice day my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment