Tuesday, April 10, 2018

"Cat Under the Birches" WH is Satin-Stitched at This Point

I am making inroads with this wall hanging.  
I designed a smaller quilted tote that will fit my needs when I go shopping on the senior bus, and was going to work on that.
Instead, I thought I should get back to the "Cat" and get this finished first.
When I think of a new project, I get so Gung Ho about it and start drawing, designing, planning and put other things aside.  That makes for too many UFOs, Unfinished Objects.  I want to lessen my pile.
I changed my method a little.  Instead of outlining the objects with black satin-stitching, I chose other colors in this one; light gray for the birches, green for the leaves on the tree.  I still outlined the cat and the butterflies in black so they would stand out more.
I may go this route with future projects as well.
Now its decision time on choosing the border for this wall hanging.

Have a nice day.

1 comment: