Sunday, April 1, 2018

I Made Steak Pizziola and Meatballs For Easter.

Its Easter Sunday and while most folks are making stuffed turkeys and chickens and ham, I cooked Italian.

For Steak Pizziola one browns steak a bit in a Dutch oven, then adds tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes or roasted tomatoes, as one desires,  with it complimentary spices, to simmer for about 2 to 3 hours.

 I cover the bottoms of baking pans with oil and a few crushed pieces of garlic and into the oven they go at 350*F while I am mixing my favorite meatball mixture.  When the balls are formed, I remove the partially cooked garlic from the pans and place my meatballs in them.  Back in the oven go the baking pans with meatballs turned at least once until they are browned and cooked.

The meatballs join the steak in the Dutch oven, the pot is covered once again, and it simmers away for another half to a full hour, depending on your taste.

The sauce, of course, is your favorite recipe.  This all goes well over a plate of al dente spaghetti with crusty Italian bread.

I hope everyone had a very fine and Happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment