Sunday, April 8, 2018

It Was a Lazy Day for Me Today

I did something to my left hip probably sitting wrong while sewing yesterday.  Anyway, it hurts.  Made walking a bit difficult today so dog and I had shorter walks and came indoors faster than usual.  Nice and sunny out today, in the low 40sF but those winds sure are gusty and cold.

I made myself some pepper steak sandwiches (with enough for another meal), and had defrosted pizza dough but didn't feel like bothering to make pizza so opted for pizzals (Italian fried dough) instead.


 I cut the pizza dough into 18 pretty even pieces after shaping the dough into a long narrow loaf and letting it rest for a half hour.  Pressed them down on my cutting board with my fingers and let them sit and rise for an hour.

After the hour they had risen a little but enough.

Dropped them gently into about an inch of hot veggie oil to cook.  They rose quite a bit more with the heat from the oil.   When they turned brown around the outside edges, I turned them over to cook on the other side.

Removed them to layers of paper towels to drain off the excess oil.

Sprinkled some with cinnamon sugar and others with granulated sugar.  Powdered sugar works well, also.  Shook off the excess granulated sugar to allow some on the reverse side.

These fried dough rolls are a lot lighter than those one gets at carnivals and county fairs.  They puff up light as a feather.   Mmmmm good!

Have a nice Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment