Saturday, April 21, 2018

I Think Spring Has Finally Sprung!

This is the 1st day I have seen the miniature Daffodils opening.  There are several little plots of them in our garden bringing bright color and relief from the longgggg winter.
Here is one group beside a set of birches.  They are not normal sized flowers, so I call them miniatures.

Here's a close-up of another group of daffodils.

Another group.  It seems they all wanted to open the same sunny and warmer day.  Until this morning they were closed up and covered with their green calyx.

The sky is so incredibly blue today and that little guy in the branches is, I think, a red-winged blackbird.  He was following Penny and I on our early evening walk and being a noisy little guy.

Yes, I think Spring may have come to Maine at last.  We are expecting temps in the high 50sF and low to mid-60s all this week.  It feels so good to walk in the sunshine when the wind is not blowing hard off the river.

Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment