Sunday, June 11, 2017

We Had a Very Hot Day Today.

Actually, too hot for me at 90* F.  I was happy to not have any gardening to do outdoors today.  Though it was hot, the wind was really blowing in our garden beside the river.  It kept it from feeling overly hot.

Yesterday I made a batch of peanut butter balls, also known as buckeyes.
I like using the one-inch scoop for uniformity. 

I can pretty much make them the same size.

This time I dusted them with some powdered sugar.  For Xmas I like using the colored sugars in red and green for their festive look.

Two of my neighbors gave me jars of peanut butter so I shopped for the rest of the ingredients to make these.  I shared with my neighbors.  They both love them and helped contribute to the recipe

One of my gardening friends on a gardening forum is shipping me a Sun Gold tomato plant, like the one pictured above.  I was a bit upset when my online shipment had to be cancelled due to weather problems in Oregon this late spring and a Sun Gold was not going to be in my garden this year.  A gardening pal heard about it and wanted to share.  I should get the plant in a couple of days.  I hope it survives the travel thru a hot weekend in post offices on the East coast.

Thank you Rock, for the offer.  I'm crossing my fingers it arrives in good shape.  I have found the perfect spot for it in the flower garden and happily I have some rich potting soil set aside to help it get started on its growth.  This plant won't do for a container, growing up to 8-10 feet tall and very productive.  The flavor is so sweet and wonderful.  I've grown them before. 

Have A Good Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment