Sunday, May 21, 2017

Braciole and Meatballs Made Today

Today I made Sunday Dinner for my son and grandson.  I went Italian.  Braciole and meatballs was on the menu with Rotini but also Spaghetti (which I prefer).
Braciole is steak pouned thinner, then spread with one's desired stuffing.  I like a bread stuffing and this time I also added some thinly sliced deli roast beef.

You roll up the meat like a jelly roll and tie it so it stays firm while cooking.  Then you saute it in a pan till browned on all side.

The next step it to drop them into sauce that's been heated.  You don't want the temp do drop in the braciole so the sauce needs to be hot.  Bring the sauce to a low boil, then lower temp to a simmer and simmer the braciole for 1 1/2 to 2 hrs or until the steak is tender.

Today I also made up meatballs to add to the sauce the last half hour of cooking. 

My son and grandson took some home with them for later tonite.  I made plenty. 

I also took some pix of the gardens outdoors. 
Here you can see the radishes coming up among the lettuces.

Lilacs are in bloom on the young bushes planted a year ago at the front entrance.  The aroma is divine.

The flower box has been planted with assorted summer annuals for the season.

The Creeping Phlox among the moss bed is in full bloom right now.

We still have some tulips in one of the raised beds.

Here's another of the raised beds with Creeping Phlox and other small flowers.

Temps here in the high 60sF and sunny today.  Love it.
Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment