Friday, May 12, 2017

Peanut Butter Balls On The Menu Today

I had the makin's so I made them, good old peanut butter balls.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 sticks Salt-Free Butter
18 oz. Creamy Peanut Butter
1 Lb. Confectioner's Sugar
12 Oz. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (sometimes I need a bit more)
One inch of Gulf Wax

First you have to have the butter at room temperature so you can cream it easily and then add the peanut butter to it and cream them together.
Add the lb. of confectioners sugar to the butters and stir together well.
Mine looks like this.  Pretty much incorporated together but not a solid mixture.

I use a one-inch Oneida scoop to get a more uniform size with my balls.

Place the amount in my hand.

Roll it between my palms so it looks like this.  The rolling and the heat from your palms smooths out the mixture nicely and rolls up into a nice ball.

I roll them all out and place on a waxed-papered cookie sheet.  These have to go in the refrigerator to chill for at least a half hour. I got two of these sheets full of candy.

Melt your Gulf Wax in a double boiler first then add the choc. bits.  Stir to mix them together well and smoothly.
Note:  Some folks add a couple Tablespoons butter to the melting chocolate instead of Gulf Wax to give it a shine.  I prefer using Gulf Wax for a more solid finish.

I use 2 forks to dip the candies in the chocolate while the double boiler is over low heat on the stove, and lift each one onto the papered cookie sheet.  I just turn out a tray full of candy onto a dinner plate before dipping, and turn the waxed paper upside down on the cookie sheet so its clean.  After dipping, place the candies back on the cookie sheet.  

I get approx. 70 candies from this recipe.  This time I got 69.  Here they are ready to chill in the fridge.  When hardened, you can put them in air-tight containers and store in the fridge to eat as you like.
If you prefer, during Holidays, you can sprinkle with colored sugars.  Red for Valentine's Day and red and green for Christmas.  Blue for Hanukkah.  Many pretty colors for Easter.  Other times you can sprinkle with confectioner's sugar placed in a small tea strainer and tapped over the candy. 
If you feel the need for nuts, you can press a few over the top into the candy just as they come out of the dipping chocolate.  I usually use broken walnuts for this so they aren't too big.
*************
I was out this afternoon cutting back tall grass which I placed in a bag to dry out.  I will use this as my mulch for my pots this year since I won't be buying straw.  I know I'll need more but have time before my plants arrive from Territorial Seed, so I'll just cut more on another day.
Watered my lettuce today since the sun came out nice and bright and it didn't rain any more today, just stayed overcast this morning.

Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment