Wednesday, March 14, 2018

"Colleen, A Victorian Lady" is Finished

Just in time with her greens for St. Patrick's Day.  I have finished Colleen, A Victorian Lady just as this day of celebration nears.  She measures 15 inches square.  She's hanging on my front door as I write.
With her red hair and green gown, it seemed right to name her Colleen.  The Golden retriever at her side is in memory of our gal Daisy, who lived 13 years and brought joy to our hearts but crossed the rainbow bridge a couple of weeks ago.  Such sadness that day but it was time.

Colleen is not my first Victorian Lady.  I made another some years back, my first.
Alicia, A Victorian Lady is her name and at 12 by 18.5 inches she hangs on an inside door.  I love the color turquoise and she looks so pretty in her ballroom finery.

I was reminded by a friend that I still have another Thru the Window WH on the books, this one a horse in pasture with waterfall, and maybe thru a barn doorway this time.  I need to get working on that one today.  I have just the place to hang it.  Its too large for my door, but a wall near my entryway will work fine and appear that I am looking outdoors from inside.

Have a nice day.


No comments:

Post a Comment