Thursday, March 8, 2018

Snowstorm Quinn Exits at 9 Inches at 5:30 pm 03-08-18

The storm has finally finished, or its petering out as I write.  A few last flakes floating down here and there but for the most part, Quinn has departed our area.
With wet and heavy white stuff covering our state, we here in the south of Maine got only 9 inches of the 16" to 18" predicted.
What other job can you be so wrong and still stay employed.   I'm so happy they were wrong once again.

The river is silent and not a bit of ice covering it anywhere.  The temps stayed in the mid 30sF so nothing iced over.
This is a great thing for motorists that had to be out in the storm.
I noticed that we did not have a US Mail delivery today, but our plowing contractor did not snow-blow the pathways either and the driveway was covered in several inches of snow after only making one pass with his truck last evening long before the worst of the snowfall.

I finished my spring cleaning of the closets and rearranged many of my quilt totes.  Moved some lamps around.  Restocked the plastic bag totes neatly for future use for trash.  Got the dog kibble into plastic totes that are handy for filling my dog's bowl.
Got my grocery list prepared for tomorrow's run to the shopping plazas and the bank.
A profitable day for me energy-wise.

Highways have been cleared and opened in our state and designated safe for travel.  I have no idea about the jetport, but since I don't fly nor am I expecting anyone on a plane, I didn't bother to check.

I hope everyone fared well during this storm and that most are still under full power.  We, happily, did not lose ours.

Have a good evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment