Monday, March 12, 2018

My Quilting Inspiration

I get in the mood to quilt and work on projects but not as often as I like.  I think I found a solution.
This is one of my favorite Wall Hangings, "Birches By the Sea" at 50.5 inches by 41 inches.  I hung it over my sewing machine corner which I can view even when I go to bed and wake up in the morning.
This was my 3rd effort working with birch trees, my favorite trees, in scenes.  I also loved living by the sea and I always loved having a flower garden, so I combined them all.

It seems to help me get in the mood to design or sew when I awake to this view.

Something I like to add to many of my wall hangings, are fairies, so I added a couple in the flower bed at the lower right of the quilt.

This is a closer view of the birches by the fence.  I finished this in April 2010 so it was a birthday present to myself when it was done.

Now I have another birch tree idea percolating in my brain, with a cat sitting at the base watching either a butterfly, or maybe my signature honey bees among some flowers.  The decision has not yet been finalized.

Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment